Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Happy Hump Day

Whew! It has been quite a week and it's only Wednesday! Between schoolwork (I'm enrolled in an online class) apartment hunting, job hunting, and furniture hunting, I feel like I haven't had a chance to slow down and relax all week.

The good news is that I may have found a great apartment and my class is over in two weeks. Job wise, I just got back from an awesome interview, but unfortunately the position I had applied for had been filled a couple weeks ago. I'm bummed, but it being a retail position, which typically have high turnover rates, I'm optimistic that they'll remember me when someone gives notice. Fingers crossed anyhow!

My constant stalking of Craigslist, and design blogs, led me to the perfect set of living-room chairs. After I saw this chair refinishing on Apartment Therapy, I looked back through the Craigslist search results in case I had missed anything. I had. I got the chairs below for $35 each from a listing that was already several days old. As I had looked at the listing at 10 o'clock at night, you can imagine my nerves and slightly competive nature coming through when I woke up the next morning.


The good news: They are the perfect size complement to the sofa my parents are letting me take and they are pretty comfy. The not-so-good news: they do need a little TLC. One of the seat bases has a huge tear (under the cushion), and that gold paint job is anything but even. Shades of green and natural wood are showing through. Some sandpaper, paint, and new fabric will make these chairs beautiful again, and I'm excited to be part of the process.

Here's to a restful weekend! (Maybe?)

1 comment:

  1. I think these are nice couches to begin with already! :D I am sure there are greater opportunities out there for you that's why you are unable to get this position!

    All the best! :D

    with love, Cassandra xx
    http://backtofive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete